Make a Smoothie Bowl So Good You May Cry a Little
The smoothie bowl is a trend for a reason – they are GOOD. You know when all you want for breakfast is a smoothie but you wish it had a bit more substance? That’s exactly what a smoothie bowl is. Plus, they are goddamn gorgeous. There are endless combinations, all of which will impress your friends. They are also cheap and easy to boot. Heck yes.
The only downside of a smoothie bowl is that sometimes you’ll finish eating it and be hungry yet full at the same time. It’s a strange sensation to explain, but you may feel it. It’s like you couldn’t possibly eat any more except if someone gave you a bagel you’d be like “could eat that.” You’ll know if it’s happening to you. Report back.
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or coconut milk as long as it’s from a carton)
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup of strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Slivered almonds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp hearts (we used Manitoba Harvest)
- Granola (we used Kashi Honey Almond Flax)
- Coconut milk drizzle (FTW!)
Makes approximately three bows (depending on the size of your bowls obvi!)
- Combine almost the entire can of coconut milk aside from 3tbs (which you’ll use to drizzle on top of the bowl at the end) and the chia seeds in a bowl and leave overnight or for at least 2-3 hours. This will help to make the smoothie bowl extra thick.
- Add the chia seed and coconut milk mixture to the blender along with the strawberries, raspberries and almond milk (the chia seed/coconut milk mixture will be quite thick so the almond milk will help loosen the mixture up – there’s a method to this madness).
- Add additional almond milk as needed to the texture you’re looking for (expert tip: you’ll want the mixture to be thicker than a usual smoothie so the toppings won’t sink – learn from our mistakes).
- Pour the mixture in to bowls, add the toppings and drizzle with coconut milk. Serve with additional toppings on the side.
A smoothie bowl as sweet as this one deserves a solid playlist. These indie chill vibes are as granola as well…the granola you’re eating.