Be The Best Gal Pal By Hosting A Virtual Galentine’s Day Party Featuring A Care Package
Ok, we kid. Friendship isn’t a competition, but if it was… this is how you’d win at it.
With our closest gals being more than a social distance away, we’ve been having the hardest time actually coordinating a social distance hangout. Right now in Ontario, the weather reminds us of the beginning of that story every parent starts with… “When I was young, I had to walk in 10 feet of snow …” – Yup, this is our reality right now just trying to catch up with a gal pal.
Normally, Galentine’s Day would consist of a round of Rom-Com Bingo, consuming all the cocktails, sharing growths and uplifting one another, and reminiscing (we’ve been besties since we were 11 so there’s a lot to reflect on)! We can still manage to somewhat do all that, it just has to happen virtually.
We’ve had our ups and downs with how we feel about virtual parties, but at this point, we’re taking them. It’s been too long since we’ve seen each other (IRL) so we’re willing to accept the lagging, the pixelated faces, and the weird zoom backgrounds.
The key to hosting this hangout and having it feel different from a work zoom meeting is the care package! We put together a curious combo of things to send to our closest gals. Luckily, they were just a drive away! If your gals aren’t within driving distance, send them something in the mail (just make sure it’s non-perishable)! Consider things like the weight of your care package and size because that’s when the dollars add up!
- The usual techie gear- laptop, wifi, a platform to host your meet up (check out our blog post on our faves here.)
- A box or envelope to send your care package
- Package filling (so things don’t rumble around in there too hard)
- A handmade card (write your BFF a goddamn heartfelt love note)
- Some fun ideas to fill it with – We made DIY Tassel Earrings (super lightweight if you’re mailing) & Rosé Gummy bears (yum!)
- Your core gals (wanna keep it intimate, once you get more than 5 people in a chat it really can get out of control)
- A Galentine’s Day worthy cocktail, may we suggest French 77 because it’s just the best!
- Date and Time- Galentine’s Day is officially February 13th, so setting a date is simple!
- Send out an invite including a cocktail suggestion & a dress code.
- Put together your package. Get personal with it, we made earrings in colours our gals would actually wear. Just because it’s Galentine’s day it doesn’t mean things have to be hot pink and red! Don’t forget to check your delivery options. If your mailing your package make sure it’s going to arrive on time!
Having similar things like the gummies, and the earrings and a group cocktail brings you that much closer together!! It ALMOST feels like the real deal!
This playlist is filled with feminist tunes that are sure to get the party started.
Click Here to Start Listening!