Blow Your Mind with This Rosé Gummie Recipe
We never thought we’d want one of our superpowers to be turning our booze into gummies! This recipe had us re-evaluating all our favourite gummies… like do I want them to taste like lemons…Or Rosé? Easy sell, right? When you finish making your first round you won’t be able to un-see the value of turning liquids into gummies. Here’s the deal though, you’ve got to either get a ton of gummy bear molds (or other shapes), OR you’ve got to make smaller batches and empty your molds and start again. Just make a day of it, and do something else while those little bears are setting… 45 minute setting time is one episode of The Office, just saying.
We used three different molds, one classic gummy bear, and two heart molds (the heart molds were good because they were festive for our Galentine’s Day Care Package and they used a lot of gummy mixture so you can just bang these out).
This recipe yields 48 gummy bears (for us this was two gummy bear molds)
- 2 Gummy bear (or any shape silicone molds)
- 1/2 cup of rosé
- 1 packet of gelatin
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Liquid dropper (but we used a tiny sugar spoon)
- Baking sheet
- Place molds on a baking sheet (make sure you’ve cleared a spot to fit the tray in the fridge)
- Pour rosé and gelatin in a saucepan on low heat, stir and incorporate into a paste. Let it sit for a minute.
- Add sugar and dissolve, turn up heat (no more than medium) if you need to. Stir for 2-3 minutes making sure not to burn (hello, that’s your booze leaving the mixture and we don’t want that)!
- Slowly pour the mixture into a glass.
- Moving quickly using a dropper or a small spoon, transfer mixture into molds. Try to avoid the foam as it will fog up your gummies (you can see in the image above some with and without foam… lesson learned) Pro tip: Tilt your glass on an angle to avoid the foam.
- Let gummies set in the refrigerator. The gummy bears took about 40 minutes, the heart molds (because they were large and deeper took an hour)
- Pop out the gummies! Don’t be scared here…totally turn that mold inside out! We used molds from Michael’s AND Dollarama, the only reason it won’t work is if they haven’t set yet!
- Eat as much as can and then…
- Transfer into an airtight container and keep for up to 3 days.
We’re not kidding, we powered through reruns of The Office while making these and sipping on French 77 ‘s and making DIY Tassel Earrings! Talk about a crafty, productive yet soul-feeding day. If you’re new here, that’s why we’re called Best Day of the Week!