Our sushi night demanded an awesome drink. And while sake was the obvious choice, a little goes a long way so we prefer to mix it into a cocktail over drinking it straight.
So, we decided to use the sake to mix up a lychee martini, and the end result was awesome. Lychee has such a distinct flavour, so we chose to keep this cocktail pretty simple in order to let it shine.
A lot of people use Soho Lychee Liqueur to work the lychee flavour into their drinks, but we decided that the mix of vodka, Soho and sake would be a touch too boozy. Instead, we mixed in lychee syrup from a can of lychees, which worked well as we used the lychees for garnish.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz sake
- 1 oz lychee syrup (which we used from a can of lychees in syrup, like this one)
- lychee (for garnish)
- Cocktail skewers (for garnish) – we have ones that look like mini swords you can get here.
- Martini glasses – you can buy a pack of four here if you don’t have any.
- Cocktail shaker – you can grab one like ours here.
- Start by adding a handful of ice to your cocktail shaker.
- Next, add the vodka, sake and lychee syrup.
- Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds, and strain into a martini glass.
- Spear the lychee with your cocktail skewer and place over the edge of the glass.
- Take a sip, and love life.