Meet the most refreshing mocktail ever created. A bold statement, we know. The combination of mint, basil and lime juice makes this drink the ultimate thirst quencher. Plus, we added in an ingredient that brings this bevy to the next level: ground kaffir lime leaves.
If you’ve never had or heard of kaffir lime leaves, allow us to make the introduction. Kaffir limes are native to tropical Southeast Asia and southern China and their leaves are known for their floral scent and flavour that straddles the line between lemon and lime. They have a pretty distinct flavour. You may have had them in Thai curries and soups, but they’re totally under utilized outside of those dishes – so we thought they deserved the spotlight in this drink.
If you’re feeling saucy you can definitely add rum, gin or vodka to this drink, as ultimately if you add simple syrup it’s pretty much a slight twist on a mojito.
- 6 mint leaves
- 3 basil leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp of ground kaffir lime leaves
- Soda water
- Lime rounds (for garnish)
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add the mint and basil leaves, lime juice and ground kaffir lime leaves to the glass and stir with a long bar spoon (or regular ol’ spoon if you don’t have one).
- Top with soda and garnish with lime rounds.
- Quench your thirst.