The Northern Harvest
This post is sponsored by Northern Keep Vodka.
We have created a cocktail that is the perfect combination of Fall flavours. We have taken apple cider made from local Ontario apples and blended it with our own pumpkin spice blend and Alberta-based Northern Keep Vodka. The result is the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and tart that is perfect for sipping under a blanket or around the fire pit on a cool evening.
As the days get shorter and the air gets colder, this is the perfect beverage to warm the soul. Not only does it satisfy the taste buds, it uses locally sourced ingredients and supports sustainable business practices. Northern Keep Vodka is a brand new craft vodka that is distilled five times from a combination of rye and winter grain to create exceptional smoothness and a clean finish. Made by award-winning Alberta Distillers, this proudly Canadian company works in partnership with the Nature Conservatory of Canada to protect five square feet of ecologically significant land with every bottle sold. It is an outstanding company creating an outstanding product.
So when you’re pondering your next cocktail this season, consider dabbling with this little number. We think it will have you feeling great in more ways than one!
For the Cocktail:
- 5 oz Northern Keep Vodka
- 2 oz Apple Cider Reduction
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- Dash of Egg White
For the Apple Cider Reduction:
- 4 cups 100% Apple Cider
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Ground Clove
- Start by making the apple cider reduction. In a large pot bring the cider to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer on medium-high for 30-40 minutes until the cider has reduced to about 1 cup of liquid. Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and clove to the cider reduction and let cool.
- Once cooled, grab a cocktail shaker and combine cider, Northern Keep vodka, lemon juice and egg whites in it. Dry shake (without ice) vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Next, add ice to the shaker and shake again for 30 seconds. This is what makes the foam nice and velvety.
- Pour all contents into a rocks glass and garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon and/or a cinnamon stick. Cheers!