This might actually be the prettiest spring cocktail of all-time. The combination of edible flower ice cubes and aloe leaves make this drink look downright dainty, right?
While this drink looks impressive, it’s a fairly simple cocktail to make. It’s the embellishments of the flowers and aloe that make this drink worthy of a special occasion, but you can also omit them and still be left with a crazy good drink.
This bevy was inspired by a cocktail I had at Toronto restaurant DaiLo with ginger and aloe. I hadn’t had those two things together before, but the combo made so much sense. Both ingredients are super light and refreshing, which also really gave me spring vibes. So, I wanted to create something similar. I grabbed vodka, ginger liqueur, simple syrup, lemon juice, aloe water and soda. The end result was something we would serve up at Easter, or at a bridal shower. You could also easily make this a mocktail by omitting the vodka and ginger liqueur and swapping in some fresh ginger instead.
- 1 oz of vodka
- 1 oz of ginger liqueur
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- Aloe water
- Soda water
- Edible flower ice cubes
- Aloe vera leaves
- Start by making the edible flower ice cubes. Add water top an ice cube tray, top with edible flowers (there’s a great guide on what flowers are edible here) and freeze.
- Fill a highball glass with the ice.
- Add vodka, ginger liqueur, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Top with equal parts aloe water and soda water.
- Garnish with aloe leaves if you want it to look extra cute.