Brain Hemorrhage Shots for Halloween
A Halloween party isn’t complete without a novelty drink. We wanted to make some themed shots for our Halloween bash, and the first thing that came to mind was a Brain Hemorrhage (also known as a Test Tube Baby).
If you’ve never had the shot, it consists of Baileys, Peach Schnapps and grenadine. The Baileys curdles as soon as it’s mixed with the grenadine, which creates a a rather unsettling look not unlike a brain or human fetus.
While it looks unsettling and the consistency is a bit strange, it’s actually not bad (don’t knock it until you try it). It’s kind of like peach pie.
Looking for other spooky activities, games or cocktails? Check out some of our other ideas and recipes below:
- The Ultimate List of Halloween Cocktails and Shots
- Hocus Pocus Movie Drinking Game
- How to Throw an Epic Halloween Party
- Our 31 Favourite Scary Movies
- How to Host an Addams Family Dinner Party
- Scream Movie Drinking Game
- Zombie Baby Pumpkins
- How to Host a Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Host a Halloween Trivia Night (with a free 50-question download!)
If you’re using a standard shot glass:
- 1/2 oz Bailey’s
- 1/2 oz Peach Schnapps
- Splash of Grenadine
Start by adding the 1/2 oz of Peach Schnapps to the shot glass. Then slowly add the 1/2 oz of Baileys. If you don’t have a slow, steady hand then we recommend using the back of a spoon to slowly pour the Baileys into the shot glass. The Baileys will curdle as it touches the Peach Schnapps. Finish with a splash of grenadine, which will drag the Baileys further down into the Peach Schnapps, creating some pretty gnarly formations.
Comments are closed.