It’s Labour Day weekend, which deserves the perfect cocktail to capture that end of summer vibe. Enter the Campfire Sour. It’s sweet, it’s smoky and it’s a perfect pairing for s’mores (and we did just that, using our DIY S’more pots).
The blend of rye, maple syrup, lemon juice and rosemary is the perfect drink choice for a camping or cottage getaway (or, let’s be honest, any #SundayFunday throughout the year – because rye is good).
Having rye and maple syrup over the final weekend in summer to enjoy the great wilderness in it’s prime felt quite fitting. How Canadian of us!
- 1 1/2 oz of rye (we used Dillon’s)
- 1 oz of maple syrup
- 2 oz of lemon juice
- Sprig or rosemary
- Cocktail shaker
- Grab your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Add the rye, maple syrup and lemon juice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Grab a rock glass, mason jar or enamel camping mug. You may also choose to fill the glass with additional ice cubes.
- Fill the glass and add a sprig of rosemary, which you can light with a match before serving to get that oh-so-campy aroma.