It’s Labour Day weekend, which deserves the perfect cocktail to capture that end-of-summer vibe. Enter the Campfire Sour. It’s sweet, it’s smoky and it’s a perfect pairing for s’mores (and we did just that, using our DIY S’more pots).
The blend of rye, maple syrup, lemon juice, and rosemary is the perfect drink choice for a camping or cottage getaway (or, let’s be honest, any #SundayFunday throughout the year – because rye is good).
Having rye and maple syrup over the final weekend in summer to enjoy the great wilderness in its prime felt quite fitting. How Canadian of us!
- 2 oz of rye
- 1 oz of maple syrup
- 2 oz of lemon juice
- Sprig of rosemary
- Cocktail shaker
- Cloche (optional)
- Grab your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Add the rye, maple syrup, and lemon juice to the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a rock glass, mason jar, or enamel camping mug that has been filled with fresh ice.
- Light a sprig of rosemary on fire with matches.
- Add flamed rosemary to the cocktail and cover with a cloche*. Wait 30 seconds and enjoy your oh-so-smokey and highly crushable cocktail.
*If you don’t have a cloche, just wait for the rosemary to smoke out, it’ll still get the smokey aroma, just not as strong!
For a video tutorial, check out our Instagram Reel or this Tik Tok.