Cranberry Ginger Pecan Martini
This cocktail is Thanksgiving in a glass. With bourbon, Grand Marnier, cranberry juice and ginger beer, you and your tastebuds will be feeling super thankful.
The best part about this cocktail is hands-down the pecan rim. You’ll be chewing the pecans while you sip the cocktail and trust us, the flavours go perfectly together. The ginger beer in particular helps to balance the richness of the pecans and bourbon.
It’s a great choice for either the pre or post Thanksgiving feast, but it can also be paired with brunch. We drink these alongside our Rice Krispie coated french toast with cranberry orange maple syrup – and it was to die for.
- 1 oz bourbon
- 0.5 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 1.5 oz of Ginger beer (to fill the glass, you may need more or less depending on the glass you choose)
- Crushed pecans
- Start with the pecan rim: grab two small plates and cover the surface of one with honey and the other with crushed pecans.
- Grab either a martini or champagne glass and coat the rim with the honey. You’ll want to be generous and ensure you get about a half inch on the sides.
- Dip the glass in the pecans. If you encounter any difficulty getting the pecans to stay, you can chill the glasses in the fridge upside down immediately after coating for about 5 minutes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the bourbon, Grand Marnier and cranberry juice.
- Shake it vigorously for about 10 seconds and strain it into the glass.
- Fill the glass with ginger beer.
- Celebrate fall!