Everyone loves a good cup of mulled wine during the holidays. It’s perfect for a movie night in or any kind of potluck. We made it for our #SundayFunday cookie swap, and it was a huge hit.
And our mulled wine recipe is pretty good. It’s loaded with spices, Triple Sec, oranges and cranberries. You won’t be able to put it down.
- 1 bottle of red wine (anything dry is preferable)
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon)
- 3 star anise
- 5 whole cloves (or 1/8 tsp of ground cloves)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of cranberries
- 1/4 cup of Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- Slow cooker or medium sized pot
Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and set it to high, leaving it for 2-3 hours minimum to let all the spices marinate. If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can heat the wine mixture over medium heat. Once steaming, reduce to low and let sit for about 30 minutes. Be careful not to bring the mixture to a boil, as you’ll lose the alcohol content. Taste it before serving and add more spices or maple syrup based on your preference. Use a ladle to serve it up in mugs. Cheers!