I know we say this all the time, but this is one of our favourite cocktail creations. Seriously, we’ve outdone ourselves.
The star ingredient is our homemade passionfruit simple syrup. Passionfruit is one of my favourite fruits. It reminds me of being in Australia, where everything is passionfruit-flavoured. Beers, ciders, soda. And I’m here for all of it. The fruit has a unique flavour – the smell instantly takes you to a tropical climate. While the fruit smells sweet, it’s quite tart, which is why infusing it in a simple syrup works so well.
This is the kind of cocktail you’d make your besties on a special occasion or for your mom at brunch. Not only is the colour absolutely beautiful, but the texture is smooth and frothy.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 1/2 oz of pineapple juice
- 1 oz of passionfruit simple syrup, which you can get the recipe for here
- 1/2 oz of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Add the vodka, pineapple juice, simple syrup, lemon juice and egg white to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Shaking the egg white without ice first helps the egg whites get really frothy.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake the mixture again for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into a champagne flute and top with prosecco.