If you haven’t been drinking Aperol Spritz’s all summer then it’s time to catch up! They’re a great breakfast cocktail. We paired them with our breakfast pizza, but they’re suited to almost any brunch or as an after-brunch sipper (I know, I know, an Apreol is an aperatif, so it’s meant to be had before meals, but we like to break rules).
Aperol is an Italian apéritif made of gentian, rhubarb, and cinchona – it’s pretty much sunshine in a glass. If you’ve never had Aperol, it’s similar to Campari, but has a lower alcohol content and is not nearly as bitter. It’s got a deliciously fresh citrus flavour that pairs perfectly with our favourite alcohol – prosecco.
- A bottle of chilled Prosecco
- A bottle of Aperol
- Soda, served from a syphon or chilled bottle
- Tall balloon glass or wine glasses
- Ice cubes
- Slices of orange (optional)
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes – you’ll want these babies cold
- Add prosecco and Aperol in equal parts
- Finish with a splash of soda
- Garnish with a slice of orange (optional)
- Take generous sips