Our man Raffi knew that some crazy things happened down by the bay – from flies wearing ties to llamas eating their pajamas. But, if that’s where the watermelons grow, that’s where we’re heading. This cocktail is a tribute to him. We hope he’s a fan of tequila.
If you’ve never had watermelon and tequila together before you’re missing out. The two are a match made in heaven. Add in lime juice, jalapeno simple syrup and triple sec and you’ve got the perfect summer cocktail. It’s refreshing, a little bit sweet and has a spicy finish.
- 2 oz of tequila blanco
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 2 1/2 oz watermelon juice (approx. 4 cubes of watermelon)
- 1 1/2 oz of lime juice
- 1 oz of jalapeno simple syrup, which you can grab the recipe for here
- Add the watermelon to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the tequila, triple sec, watermelon and jalapeño simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a margarita glass, or on the rocks in a stemless wine glass.
- Garnish with watermelon and jalapeño.
*Note: You can also add all your ingredients to a blender, top with ice and blend on high for the slushie version of this drink!