Our man Raffi knew that some crazy things happened down by the bay – from flies wearing ties to llamas eating their pajamas. But, if that’s where the watermelons grow, that’s where we’re heading. This cocktail is a tribute to him. We hope he’s a fan of tequila.
If you’ve never had watermelon and tequila together before you’re missing out. The two are a match made in heaven. Add in lime juice, jalapeno simple syrup and soda water and you’ve got the perfect summer cocktail. It’s refreshing, a little bit sweet with a spicy finish.
- 1 1/2 oz of white tequila
- 2 1/2 oz watermelon juice (approx. 4 cubes of watermelon)
- 1 1/2 oz of lime juice
- 1 oz of jalapeno simple syrup, which you can grab the recipe for here
- Soda water
- Add the watermelon to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker along with the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice and jalapeno simple syrup. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into a tall glass, or stemless wine glass filled with ice.
- Top with soda water.