Own Breakfast with Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Banana bread overnight oats are officially our new favourite breakfast. This recipe tastes exactly like banana bread but is waaaaay healthier. It’s sweetened with just maple syrup, plus it’s got chia seeds, hemp hearts and walnuts to boot.
I absolutely love banana bread. I eat a banana every single day of my life – they’re just so good. And they taste better the more ripe they get. I’ve been known to hoard ripe bananas in my freezer so I can be ready to make banana bread whenever the urge hits me.
I don’t know if I can think of a combo that’s better than banana and chocolate (other than maybe peanut butter and banana – but we’re going to get to that in a sec), so this recipe came naturally to me. It’s great for when you want banana bread but want to be a bit healthier or hit up a recipe that’s just plain easier. Because it’s super easy, which also makes it a perfect weekday brekkie. Plus, it keeps fairly well. You can make a big batch for a couple of days at once – so yes, meal prep just got easier and a hell of a lot more delicious.
But I actually made this guy for Alyssa and Rachel on a Saturday. The chocolate chips and coconut made it decadent enough to be weekend-worthy, plus the presentation is pretty on-point if you ask me, so roll out this recipe when you’re looking to impress your friends.
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Big bowl or medium-sized Tupperware
- Add the overripe banana, almond milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon to your blender and pulse until smooth.
- In a bowl or medium-sized Tupperware, combine the oats and chia seeds and mix until this chia seeds are dispersed (this step is to make sure the chia seeds don’t stick together in congealed clumps – trust us).
- Add the almond milk banana mixture to the oats and stir until combined.
- Put this magical creation in the fridge overnight.
- Top with all your fave banana bread toppings – we added chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts, hemp hearts and drizzled with a delicious combo of maple syrup and peanut butter (as easy as mixing equal parts in a blender – and a total game changer).
While these oats would be great with coffee or any kind of juice or smoothie, the ultimate pairing has to be our Lavender London Fog. We took the classic vanilla Earl Grey tea latte and added in a touch of lavender and the end result was beautiful. You can grab the recipe here.
Eggs and Bakey
This playlist will have you looking forward to your alarm. Filled with shiny happy tunes, you’ll be dancing while making your eggs and bakey – or in this case, banana bread overnight oats.Click Here to Start Listening!