Poison Apple Martini
Apple martinis have been around a long time. When we were first old enough to drink we used to go to this martini bar that had about fifty different options on the menu and order one of them. They’re definitely nostalgic for us. In fact, the taste of green apple liquor is a throwback overall because Smirnoff used to have coolers in that flavour (true story: crushing four of these was the first time I puked from drinking! Good times).
Sour Puss Apple Liquor is not a bar cart staple for us by any means, but it does have a time and a place. And Halloween is that moment. So we concocted a sour apple martini but put a spooky twist on it for the holiday. The secret ingredient? Edible sparkles, or known in the baking world as prism powder or pearl dust. It just adds a little bit of that Halloween magic to the bevy, and makes that sour apple martini a lot more special. The sparkle effect is difficult to capture well in photos, but you can’t miss it IRL. It’s absolutely beautiful. Plus, using green edible sparkles made this bevy a dark green colour like a magic potion.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Sour Puss Apple Liquor
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup (ratio 2:1 water/white sugar as the Sour Puss is already sweet)
- 1/4 tsp of edible sparkles (called prism powder or pearl dust. We used Wilton Pearl Dust in Spruce Green – you can grab it here, so long as that colour is in stock, and Michael’s carries it too. Silver will also work, but the drink won’t be as green.)
Add the vodka, Sour Puss and lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for ten seconds. Strain the liquid into martini glasses. Remove the ice from the cocktail shaker and add the simple syrup and edible sparkles. Shake for a couple of seconds, or until the sprinkles dissolve in the simple syrup. Pour the mixture into the cocktail, stir, and watch your bevy sparkle and shine. Cheers!
Looking for other spooky activities, games or cocktails? Check out some of our other ideas and recipes below:
- The Ultimate List of Halloween Cocktails and Shots
- Hocus Pocus Movie Drinking Game
- How to Throw an Epic Halloween Party
- Our 31 Favourite Scary Movies
- How to Host an Addams Family Dinner Party
- Scream Movie Drinking Game
- Zombie Baby Pumpkins
- How to Host a Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Host a Halloween Trivia Night (with a free 50-question download!)
I like it I’ll try it
Comments are closed.