As kids, Halloween was our favourite day of the year. I mean, dressing up and hustling for candy?! There was nothing better. We were totally obsessed with it, and that did not change when we got older. The only difference is we cant hustle for candy anymore, we have to just buy it like adults. On the plus side, we can now partake in Halloween cocktails and shots. And not to brag, but we’re basically mad scientists when it comes to creating spooky cocktails (see here, here and here too).
Once your college years are over, it takes a particular occasion to do shots – and that occasion is most definitely Halloween. It’s a very drunk holiday. There’s something about being in costume that liberates people. To aid in that process, we’ve created the ultimate shot. We call it Trick R’ Treat. Reason being, the shot consists of grenadine and a mystery clear liquor you as the hostess can decide on (this will be fun, trust us). Oh, and then you light it on fire.
- Clear liquor, ideally a variety, including vodka, peach schnapps, rum, gin and tequila
- Wray and Nephew, Bacardi 151 or any overproof liquor
- Lighter or long match
Start by filling the shot glass with a small amount of Grenadine – about 1/4 of an inch. Next, fill the shot glass with the clear liquor of your choice, leaving about 1/2 an inch at the top. Take a straw to gently mix the grenadine and liquor and fill the remainder of the shot glass with the overproof liquor. To finish, grab your lighter and light the shot on fire. Note that unless your in a dim or dark room you may not be able to see the flame very well (we couldn’t capture it for you in our photo!), but you’ll know when it’s lit. Blow it out, wait about 10 seconds to let the shot cool and then put it down the hatchet. Cheers!
Looking for other spooky activities, games or cocktails? Check out some of our other ideas and recipes below:
- The Ultimate List of Halloween Cocktails and Shots
- Hocus Pocus Movie Drinking Game
- How to Throw an Epic Halloween Party
- Our 31 Favourite Scary Movies
- How to Host an Addams Family Dinner Party
- Scream Movie Drinking Game
- Zombie Baby Pumpkins
- How to Host a Virtual Pumpkin Carving Contest
- Host a Halloween Trivia Night (with a free 50-question download!)