Guys, we created the perfect Halloween cocktail. It totally rivals our Hocus Pocus Witch’s Brew from last year, which also layers oh-so-beautifully, but the colours are even spookier. We paired this bevy with our must-watch scary movie list for the month of October, and gotta say it’s a perfect match.
We know what you’re thinking: what is that black layer and how do I get my hands on it? Made in St. John’s Newfoundland, Hounds Vodka is the only black vodka out there. Made using fulvic minerals and humic acid infusion (sounds like some pretty serious science stuff, right?), the vodka goes from clear to black. And let us tell you, it’s seriously smooth when it goes down the hatchet.
This is a simple cocktail, but it will not disappoint. It can also be made into a shot, it layers in small glasses too. It actually works really well as a shot because the vodka hits you first but the grenadine, which is super sweet, is last so it’s like the booze part never even happened (which is of course a huge danger zone risk, so drink responsibly!).
- 1.5 oz of Hounds Vodka
- Orange Juice
- Eyeball gummy (optional, but I mean c’mon it looks so good)
1. Start by adding grenadine to the bottom of a highball glass, until its about 1/4 inch full.
2. Next, add a couple of ice cubes to the glass.
3. Pour the OJ into the glass, leaving about 1.5 inches at the top because the most important ingredient is coming up next.
4. Slowly pour the vodka over the back of a spoon so it layers at the very top.