As you’ve probably guessed by now, we love a good beer cocktail. They’re super refreshing and light, yet boozy at the same time. What’s not to love?
A Bulldog is essentially a blended margarita with a beer, usually a corona, flipped up inside of it. We decided to take this concept and give it our own twist, by making a watermelon margarita and using Bud Light Lime (BLL) instead of a Corona. Why you ask? Watermelon and lime is one of the best flavour combos of all time, and we have a serious soft spot for BLL’s. If you say you’re not a fan you’re probably not being honest with yourself.
- Watermelon. There’s no hard and fast rules for how much watermelon to use here and that’s the best part. Use as much watermelon as your heart desires. We used about 1 cup of watermelon juice per cocktail, plus a couple of slices for garnish if you want to be fancy
- Limes (juice of 1 lime per cocktail)
- Tequila (1oz per cocktail)
- Triple Sec (1oz per cocktail)
- Bud Light Lime (1 bottle per cocktail)
- Ice (about 3 cups per cocktail – it’s key to use lot’s of ice so your BLL will be propped up – we learned this the hard way and our first one overflowed)
- Pint glasses
Add your watermelon, tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice and ice in to the blender. Blend for about one minute, or until everything has sufficiently blended. It should be pretty icy, if it’s not just add more ice. Fill your pint glass about two-thirds full with your margarita mixture. Then, crack open your BLL and quickly (seriously, be quick) turn it upside-down in to your pint glass – and voila!
Now, these drinks are boozy. So if you’re feeling like something a little bit less hard-hitting, this drink is also crazy delicious without the tequila and Triple Sec. Just BLL, watermelon, lime juice and ice will do the trick.