We love Amaretto. It’s delicious almond flavour is such a sweet treat, perfect for any time of year.
There’s lot’s of ways to enjoy Amaretto. You can drink it on its own, add it to coffee, mix it with scotch or bourbon, but we opted for a classic Amaretto Sour – which we sipped on while making fresh pasta.
If you haven’t noticed by now, we love a good sour (see our Earl Grey Gin Sour, Rose Sour and Campfire Sour). The frothiness of the egg white makes it such a decadent drink, and you can create a sour using a variety of different flavours. If you’re not familiar with the sour family of cocktails, they’re mixed drinks containing a base liquor, lemon or lime juice, simple syrup (or other type of sweetener) and egg whites. If you’ve never had one, the Amaretto Sour is a classic one to start with.
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 an egg white (hopefully you’re making these for a buddy and can use a full egg white – or just commit to having two)
- Dash of angostura bitters
- Cherries (for garnish)
- Cocktail shaker
- Add all ingredients (except bitters) to your cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously for roughly 10 seconds
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass
- Add a dash of bitters
- Garnish with a cherry or two
Looking for other classic cocktails? Check out the recipes for: